Who to Call?

Who should I call for help?

ALPHA HOUSE “D.O.A.P. TEAM” – 403 998-7388

If you observe an individual who appears to be intoxicated, loitering, trespassing or sleeping in an area that they should not be but otherwise appear peaceful and not being aggressive call the “Downtown Outreach Addictions Partnership Team” or D.O.A.P. Team – mobile team available to transport individuals that are not able to come to the Alpha house location on their own. Hours: Monday—Friday 8:30 am – 1:00 am, Saturday & Sunday 5:00 pm—1:00 am. The DOAP team members are well acquainted with their clientele and have a good rapport with them.


Did you know that you can report certain types of crimes to the Calgary Police Service online? When you use the CPS Citizen Online Police Report System, you can submit a report about a crime immediately and print a copy of the police report for free.

When you use the quick and easy online reporting system, it can help you by providing reports for your records. It also helps the police to identify and address crime trends in your area.

What can I report online?

The online reporting system currently takes reports about the following crimes, as long as their value is less than $5,000 (Canadian), there’s no known suspect, and the incident happened within Calgary’s city limits:

Lost Property


Damage/Mischief to Property

Theft from Vehicle

Damage/Mischief to Vehicle

To report crime online, go to, and click on “Report a Crime Online” Follow the screen prompts to fill in the information and submit your report. If you have a problem with the system, there’s 24-hour support available.

When you’re finished, you can print a copy of the police report to keep for your records. Police will review your case, and will contact you if needed.


911 is to be used only for emergencies (police, fire and medical) where an immediate response is required. This should be called only if there is an emergency and lives are in danger, immediate assistance is required or there is a crime in progress.


This should be used for all non-emergency situations, where an immediate response is not required. This number should be called when time has elapsed since the incident, the suspect is not on scene or you are calling about a nuisance issue (i.e. noise complaints, suspicious people, intoxication, etc.). Police will attend on a lower priority basis.

ON-GOING COMMUNITY CONCERNS? District 1 @ 403-567-6100

The CROs provide a key point of contact for community policing initiatives and problem-solving. They monitor crime trends, traffic and social issues within their zone. They also keep track of the crime issues that are of particular concern to residents.


Please contact 311 and concerns (i.e. burnt out street lights, garbage collection, etc.) will be forwarded to the appropriate depart


We encourage you to open and print the pdf file (link below) for a detailed “who to call list” to print and keep near your phone for reference

Who to Call – click to download