Traffic Issues: who to call

Traffic update – Mount Royal Community Association,
June 15, 2017

In a recent meeting with our CPS (Calgary Police Service) Community Liaison, we are reminded that as members of the community, it is very important that we report, report, report. Witness speeding? Report it. Careless driving? Report it. Suspicious activities that may go beyond the scope of traffic? Report those too.

Reports into the police help us to build a record of incidents which will be helpful in terms of advancing community safety initiatives. Without a history of incidents to point to when approaching the city with community concerns, it becomes a more challenging dialogue.

There is no incident too small (within reason of course) to report to the non-emergency hotline, 403-266-1234 or 311 or if reckless or dangerous driving, call 911.

Speeding concerns
When concerned about speeding or to report dangerous driving behavior contact the Calgary Police Service by:
Calling the non-emergency line at 403-266-1234.
Completing a Traffic Service Request.
Contacting your district office, and speaking with a Community Liaison Officer.
District 1 – Ramsay
1010, 26 Ave. S.E. – view on map
Monday to Sunday 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Closed statutory holidays
Phone: 403-428-6100