MOUNT ROYAL COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
NOVEMBER 13, 2013
Call to order: 7:12pm
Welcome to everyone, thanks to all members for attending, introduction of the Board Members present. Thank you to those returning Board Members and much appreciation to those leaving.
MOTION TO APPROVE AGM AGENDA AS PRESENTED BY KRISTA, NO OBJECTION, ALL IN FAVOUR, NONE OPPOSED – MOTION CARRIED.
MOTION TO APPROVE MINUTES OF AGM NOV 14, 2012 AS PRESENTED BY KRISTA, NO OBJECTION, ALL IN FAVOUR, NONE OPPOSED – MOTION CARRIED.
- Purpose of the committee is to hold public meetings to review applications for development within our community and present our comments to the City
- Hillcrest Land Dispute (not technically within MR boundaries – belongs to Cliff Bungalow) – currently designated as special service land, has been encroached upon for 30 years, Corporate Planning Application Committee has approved the sale, Parks have agreed to the sale, must still go through two more committees and then to Council for approval. Best approach is a petition and letter writing campaign.
- Copies of audited financials available, no issues were found by auditors (FCC)
- Current cash position is solid
- Expenses increased over 2012
- Next casino Mar 6 & 7, 2014
MOTION TO APPROVE THE FINANCIAL STATEMENTS AS PRESENTED BY BRUCE CALVIN, SECOND JIM WAUGH, ALL IN FAVOUR, NONE OPPOSED – MOTION CARRIED
MOTION TO APPOINT FCC AS AUDITOR FOR 2013-2014 BY BRIAN PETERSEN, SECOND GER NOLAN ALL IN FAVOUR, NONE OPPOSED – MOTION CARRIED
- Committee still has ½ graffiti chemical left but graffiti is down to almost non existent
- Bags on Premier way circle are to protect hedges from winter sand and salt
- Neighbourwoods program set for September next year. Need to get the word out to everyone
- 2014 is 100 year anniversary of parks in MR
- Campaigning for lower speed limit across the city (Sunnyside may have been approved for 30km/h prototype)
- City will not look at improvements around the school until Elbow Park has moved into their new building
- No movement on fixing Colborne and 8th intersection
- Current plan is for 4 events
- New committee should possibly consider only 2 – BBQ and Progressive Dinner
- Goals for 2014 – attracting more volunteers to help, community focused, looked into external publisher (staples Quoted $11,000) so will remain with Glencoe
- Electronic version (as only option) not being considered at this point
- Distribution from Canada Post $350 per newsletter
- Still looking for facilities person
- Sump pump replaced, coffee maker replaced twice
- Next year need new roof and gutters
- By Laws have been updated and will be submitted
MOTION TO APPROVE THE AMENDED BYLAWS WITH “EXECUTIVE” TERM REPLACED BY BOARD AS NEEDED BY JEFF HOLLOWAY, SECOND BY BRIAN PETERSEN, ALL IN FAVOUR, NONE OPPOSED MOTION CARRIED.
- Current membership at 297 members equal to 24% of Upper MR households and 1% of Lower MR, (down 14% from 2012). Now able to offer multiple year renewal online. Membership year runs Jan – Dec of each year.
- Established connection with CPS liaison officers, biggest concern is vagrancy and indigents walking through the neighbourhood, looking into Building Safer Communities Program with FCC
Proposed Slate of Officers for 2013-2014
MOTION TO APPROVE THE SLATE OF OFFICERS AS READ BY CHARLENE PRICKETT BY BRIAN PETERSEN, SECOND BY BRUCE CALVIN, ALL IN FAVOUR, NONE OPPOSED, MOTION CARRIED.
Call for nominations for open positions – None
Thank you for attending
Meeting adjourned at 8:52pm